Weekly Highlights from our Conservative Overlords

Weekly Highlights from our Conservative Overlords

Monday, May 9, 2011

No News is Good News - Week 1 - May 2-9

Ya, I know. It's going to be a little while before Parliament reconvenes and the madness starts. Still, it all feels a little too quiet. The lack of public celebration and grandstanding makes me a bit nervous. Like they're putting all their energy into something really large and unexpected.

In other news, I happily get to keep my weekly election streak going by voting in the Point Grey by-election for MLA on Wednesday (next week, I'm going to vote for my favourite fast food chain in an online poll). Christy Clark is really freaking me out these days. Her optimism and perkiness leaves most of my normal bullshit detectors broken and confused. I can appreciate her desire to announce a few positive things in the run up to an election. But is the adoption of a low-risk, crowd pleasing idea of your opponents really cause for celebration? Shouldn't recognizing good ideas and working closely with all members of the Legislative Asssembly be the rule rather than the exception? It's kind of like a 40-year-old celebrating flushing the toilet all on their own.

Update - May 11
Forgot to talk about the NDP. First up, some of their elected candidates have some unexpected backgrounds.

And the amount of scrutiny on Ruth Ellen Brosseau is staggering. Not to condone a mid-campaign Vegas vacation, never having visited your riding or creative fact manipulation (I won't mention the nomination papers as she's been cleared in that), but if we were this thorough in questioning and humiliating every riding parachuting, out of touch, resume padding political candidate, nobody would ever run. For me, the most troubling part is the Vegas vacation. Have you ever been to Las Vegas? God. It's a terrible place. I would hope a Member of Parliament would show more advanced tastes in travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment